10 Quick Tips about Removalist Companies
1. Identify and choose a company based on experience and transparency: Having a company that has been in the moving business for more than 5 years is always recommended. These companies have all the technical knowhow and equipment required for a smooth moving.
2. Check certification and licensing: This should be the first thing you look into a company before shortlisting it. Only a certified company should be allowed to lay hands on your assets. Better still, check to see whether the company complies with Better Business Bureau. Unregistered companies are more likely to extort you, or even disappear in thin air.
3. Request for quotes and analyze them carefully: Moving companies charge differently for their services. It is for this reason why you should request for quotes from several of these companies, then analyze each of the quotes to see who has a more transparent and reasonable pricing system.
4. Inquire about insurance: Most moving companies do not have an insurance policy covering items being moved. It is therefore mandatory to identify companies that have cover for the same, or seek an understanding from the supervisors to help safeguard your valuables.
5. Check for references and reviews: Many removalists have a commercial website where customers can seek help, as well as rate their services. Take some time to check into these reviews before determining which company is best to use.
6. Have enough packing boxes for the move: It is always advisable to pack a day or two before the moving day. If the removalists are to help in this, then ensure there are enough packing materials and boxes that will be needed to keep items and valuables organized. Most of these boxes can be bought from a local store.
7. Pack jewels and other valuables separately: Valuables should never be packed alongside other household goods. Insurance companies do not provide cover for expensive jewellery lost during transit. To be on the safe side, have all your gold or diamond earrings and necklaces packed in a small bag, and keep it by your side throughout the journey.
8. Ensure the moving budget is enough: Always choose a company that charges affordable moving rates, and whose pricing is within your budget allocation. Failing to do so will only result to misunderstandings and conflicts that could have however been avoided. Most companies charge by the hour, meaning you may have to time conscious.
9. Expect everything to go wrong: It is normal for everything to go wrong while moving. This can be with the removalists arriving late, tire puncture or even traffic snarl up. All you need to know is, everything turns out well eventually, and patience is the only key.
10. Let the moving agents do their job: Nothing irritates more than a bossy client. Give the agents some space to work and everything will work out just fine.