Tips For Choosing A Good Removalist
1. Don’t necessarily choose the removal company that provides you with the cheapest quote.
Moving house can be expensive, so most people are looking to pay as little as possible for a removal service. The truth is, however, when it comes to hiring removalists, the phrase “You get what you pay for!” is usually true.
2. Investigate how long a removal company has been in operation.
Companies that provide a poor service tend to go out of business pretty quickly, so it would be advisable to look for a removal firm that has been established for a number of years.
3. Check out online reviews from previous customers.
Before hiring a removal company, it would be a good idea to search for the company online and read some reviews from previous customers. That said, it is important to remember that some of the reviews published on the internet may not be from genuine past customers.
4. Ask friends, family members and co-workers for their recommendations.
Often the best way to ensure that you hire a good removalist is by taking note of personal recommendations. If you know someone who has moved house recently, ask them which removalist firm they hired and whether or not they would recommend said firm.
5. Consider what extra services are available from a removal company
The best removal companies will offer a range of extra services for you to take advantage of, such as packing/unpacking services, storage options, insurance, cleaning and packing materials.
6. Opt for a specialist removal firm if you need to transport precious cargo.
If you own a lot of artwork, antiques and other invaluable items, it would be advisable for you to hire a company that has experience of handling such cargo.
7. Negotiate on price.
Once you have chosen a removalist firm to hire, do not be afraid to ask for discounts. In addition, if you are looking to save money, consider moving on a weekday instead of at the weekend, as weekends are peak times for removalist firms, so they typically add a premium to the cost of weekend jobs.